*This entire branch is spoilers* (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, June 25, 2020, 13:38 (1394 days ago) @ ZackDark
edited by Cody Miller, Thursday, June 25, 2020, 13:53

If anything at all in that final scene echoed Joel's execution, I would've called it a day.

Joel flashing right then doesn't really explain the change in heart, since that exact same flash of memory is exactly what drove Ellie away from Dina. If that last flash of memory also flashed back to Ellie pleading on the ground and Lev was doing the same thing on the boat, we would get the exact same ending we did, but tighter, imo.

Fanfic time.

Ellie spares Abby. "Where will you go?" Abby: "To the fireflies on Catalina". Ellie "Take me with you. I should have died for a cure". Abby says no, and that the fireflies probably would have used a cure for leverage and political gains rather than altruism. A fact Joel could have pointed out to Ellie to justify his decision. Ellie is mad at Joel for robbing her of a future that probably could never have happened, and they both understand why he did it. They both square up and Ellie returns home.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread