And now . . . *SPOILERS* (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 18:12 (1402 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 18:21

I do like that Ellie ultimately let her go. I'm mixed on how to feel if it would have been better if she had just stayed on the farmhouse and not gone at all, though, just let it all go right there. But there is something to be said for driving the point home by having her return to an empty house, missing fingers and unable to play the guitar.

Which is why the theming makes no sense. Abby gets to sail away and live on Catalina with Lev happily ever after. What exactly did her revenge cost her? As shown in her sections, her 'friends' didn't even really seem to like her that much.

I'm not opposed to Ellie letting her go in the end… but how did Ellie come to that decision? She knows next to nothing about Abby. If she knew Joel Killed Abby's dad, perhaps the reflection of losing her own father figure would cause her to change her mind. But Ellie doesn't know this. I'm not understanding the emotional chain of events leading to this decision.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread