+1 & 2¢ (Destiny)

by EffortlessFury @, Friday, January 01, 2021, 17:08 (1211 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You don’t have to find THE community. Just A community. Even just a small group of friends. I played Cyberpunk along side 4 friends, and it was great bouncing things off each other. I played FF7 remake alongside one friend. The beauty of a well designed game is that you can have this experience with whatever community you choose. And if you can’t… well either the game is not for you, or the game does in fact lack discovery.

Trust me when I say I understand the value of community. I've not been able to find one that I feel comfortable in for quite some time. Close to a decade honestly, it's been downhill since Alls Well. XD

And whether a game is for me or not shouldn't be dependent on my ability to find others. It's not so much that the game isn't for me, it's that it is inaccessible to me. Whether I should be catered to is a different question with a complicated answer, but it's got less to do with me and my interests and more to do with where I am in life outside of the game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread