No heat. None at all. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 09:49 (1142 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Of all the choices you had in quotable Elite things... you choose Worthless Cur?! *Sigh* Get it, but boy what a poor choice. Unless it's a trademark at this point, like Sam Jackson and yo mama, don't go with the insult! They tend to be misinterpreted, ESPECIALLY on the internet.

I have to push back on this a bit. If you feel like you’re being insulted on this forum, you need to take a step back and ask yourself if there’s any possible way you’re misinterpreting. Why would Morpheus have any cause to want to insult you? Even you can come to no o other conclusion than insult, I’d be much more inclined to assume a poorly made joke than actual insult.

I say this knowing that tempers have occasionally flared around here (and as someone who has been involved in those flares more than once), but I have never (to my recollection) seen an insult fly out of nowhere in a thread that contains no heat whatsoever like this one.

Only bewilderment, hence the conversation chain end to end. As I said... I was not thinking about Halo, and the reference was too obscure. I had also forgotten that the slang for Elites was sometimes Dinos. Again, yes a thing, but not enough for a call back reference.

You bastard.

What?! What do you mean you don't get this reference?! This quote is obviously from the deleted scene of Kill Bill Vol.2 with Michael Jai White! (Not exactly the same... but, get it?)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread