Ironically.... (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 18:55 (1161 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I got that reference right away!

I do need to explain myself, because I certainly didn't mean to cause any harm.

In your earlier post;

Also... there is an alarming lack of talk in Guardian Dinosaurs here, but maybe I shouldn't be surprised considering all the Guardian Dinosaurs here. ;D

Talking about the Guardian Dinosaurs in bold, I felt that that was about the FoTL Dinosaur themed Guardian outfits. (I was going to go on a rant about assuming things with people, but I won't post the picture. But yes, I did see the Bungie update in context!) Now with the underlined Guardian Dinosaurs, I thought that since most of us at DBO either met or started at H BO, playing in Halo all the time, that we were current Guardians that were former Dinosaurs.

Dino=Halo 2(where the nickname started)=Halo 2 Elites=...;-)

And yeah, that line is old and not that frequent—however I will say that since back then, seemingly everyone was so hung up on these former 8 feet terrors sounding like Shakespeare majors that it was (one of) the most reviled changes between the first two games. I didn't mind, considering we were playing half of the game as the Arbiter, so I was rather at ease! I just thought it would be stuck in the head, like a stupid Liberty Mutual commercial.

In retrospect, I definitely should've used quotes—at least then it would've been obvious something was up. I think I'll do that from now on when I say a line, anyway—I'm too media-bound.

So yeah, it was a basic mistake.

But Wu is right—

THE MAN IS A WALKING OBSCURITY. YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT BY NOW. If you're confused, go back to one of his recipe posts, get a warm feeling, and don't worry about it.

If this isn't a disclaimer for my autistic craziness, I don't think anything will be.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread