RIP GM Completions :( (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, April 01, 2021, 13:01 (1120 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50220

[image]

Beating that boss room legit... yeah, no.

Word on the street (aka Reddit) is that it’s actually easier to beat it legit than it is to do the cheese. I haven’t tried the cheese myself, but it’s apparently extremely punishing if you have even a single mistake, plus it takes so long that you’re pretty much guaranteed to be over the 45 minute mark, meaning no more revives.

That said, it’s not like doing it “legit” is any simple task. I’ve only completed this week’s GM once so far. It was with an LFG group. All 3 of us were running Ursa/Banner Shield Titans. Our first run, we got to the boss room and were promptly wiped out by a pair of teleporting Unstoppable Champions (fix ur shit, Bungle! ;p). Our 2nd run was going slowly, but fairly well. Unfortunately we crossed the 45 minute threshold just as we started the 3rd and final damage phase on the Boss. The wave of ads that spawned swarmed us and killed both my teammates. They had to spend the next 10 minutes watching me do this:

I haven't spent any time underneath the stage (on any difficulty), but i read that there are gas jets under there. When is it safe to run across as you're doing in this vid?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread