So... Can anyone here recommend a LFG/Sherpa? (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, April 02, 2021, 12:32 (1110 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I was thinking about running a GM this week, but the options within the Clan right now are slim. It's You (Wu), Squid, Nico, and one other person who I don't think posts here but is in the clan are the only options right now (as all are 1325 or higher light).

I've been playing with another clan that focuses on endgame PvE content (interestingly, the connection is an old HBO denizen, but one who hasn't been around bungie.org for years) - without a ringer (Nevin counts, I think), it's not gonna happen. 3 semi-experienced people are just not gonna cut it.

My last two runs have been like the one Nevin posted - three enter the challenge room, one finishes. Did one tonight where we got to the boss with 12 minutes on the clock (which means our 18 revives were only good for another 12 mins) - the two of us who died got nailed during the last wave of add spawns (the second pair of Unstoppables + little stuff). We died within a minute of each other, and then Hypnotic spent 20 minutes killing the two Unstoppables, then whittling down the boss (using the same strat Nevin used above). Slow, but safe.

The reason I say 3 semi-experienced people won't make it is because 'safe' is SUPER hard to judge unless you've done this a LOT. Knowing when to back off is key, and misjudging that is really easy at the GM level. It only takes one shot you weren't prepared for to finish you.

I see.

Before I continue with what I am to say, it's fine. I completely understand your reasoning. I do not disagree. But. I've never run Grandmaster before (when able) as I've not had anyone to run it with, not because I've not wanted to. Does anyone here see the issue? The ouroboros denial when coupled with Wus reasoning. I've said this before, and I see it yet again now; Destiny can be paradoxically a very lonely game. And I've been feeling very... well, fairly left out as of late.

You know the biggest problem with LFG? It's the range between competence and humanity. Plus, the planning of the load outs can trend to be hit or miss. The last time I recall LFG'n a Raid we had a guy on the team who couldn't DPS to save any of us. No exotics to speak of. Which...Ok, exotics take time to get, but you're coming into an endgame activity with out any edge at all? As for the other part... well, go ahead and click that ****ing link (hint hint) for the full jest, but TL;DR what a rude, ignorant, fu**n numpty who kept shooting Rivens eyes even when it was made 1000% clear not to unless tasked to. *UHhhhhghghghg*... I just got shivers recalling that. The folks you may meet on LFG man.

And I'll end this with... it's a shame. This is not pointed at anyone here or otherwise, but is instead a broad observation. It's a shame that sometimes those who play this game seem not to enjoy the puzzle of the highest light challenges, part of which may require a loss after loss, and instead endure the pain only for the sake of lottery. It's sad to see such stagnation, and I hope it can be solved organically instead of by imposed forces.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread