This sentence made me intrigued (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Sunday, November 17, 2013, 16:14 (3815 days ago) @ Zero

Due to the fact that you can bring weapons from campaign into multiplayer, has anything been mentioned about normalization of weapons? Equalizing weapons would greatly simplify matchmaking since you avoid variables created by disparately equipped teams. Also, normalization of weapons would completely remove any incentive to grind for multiplayer, which would be a huge benefit for people who hate that sort of thing.

Unfortunately, not much aside from strategic ammo placement has been mentioned. However, since you bring up normalization, I can see something like that being extended not only to weapons but to the entire sandbox for competitive multiplayer. Setting up base stats for each type of weapon, armor and vehicle would seem to be the best option and the easiest as you're not trying to balance each and every weapon against each other and then also against different types of armor. You could still have your amazingly powerful exotic weapons in co-op play, but when it comes to the competitive stuff, my normal auto rifle wouldn't be outclassed by someone with say an exotic auto rifle.

And what if classes unlock power variants at certain levels? You might as well say all powers, weapons, attachments, grenades, etc. are available from the word go in competitive matches. I highly doubt that will be the case.

And what is going to differentiate weapons besides base weapon type? Your suggestion is to use base kit weapons for all of PvP? Again, doubt levels in the extreme.

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread