ALL THE HYPERBOLE. RIGHT HERE. (Destiny)

by electricpirate @, Sunday, November 17, 2013, 19:22 (3815 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by electricpirate, Sunday, November 17, 2013, 19:32

Trying to maximize an imperfect set of options for a situation prompts far more interesting decisions than having all the best option available to you. For instance, that was one of the core innovations that made Halo's combat so good (Two weapon system, limited ammo etc).

This isn't the same at all, and what I am talking about.

Everybody in Halo spawns with the same two weapons.

You didn't make that argument in the thread I responded too (and I've said my bit with examples on ways to get that balance right). I can't argue against the magical arguments in your head. Here, let's reference the things you are saying!

No it does not. Players should not have to play an inferior version of a game (where they have little weapon choice) just to later get to the real version (where they have lot of weapon choice). The real version is what you should play from the start.

Halo's 2 weapon system, and limiting the available weapons by what you've earned are the same abstract concept. They are both about creating more meaningful choice by limiting down from a wide variety of options.

There's nothing wrong with having asymmetric options for each player either, as long as the tools to balance them are done well.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread