Holy Crap, You Weren't Kidding. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, August 27, 2022, 09:55 (606 days ago) @ Morpheus

I just saw the trailer.

I do not feel the "incoming dread" at all.

For those of you who don't see it, just imagine if they pulled this crap with Reach.

Eh. Not feeling the parity here. Halo was Sci-fi Military, so things were constrained to some elements of realism, even if it was at max "Science but Magic". There was a mild limit to how far things could go thematically, per the rules of the world.

Destiny is full on into magic, even if it is "from space" or time or whatever. Our play spaces can be quite literately anything, which of course is not by accident. And I'll even add that I'm sure the space they have made, which is destructive apparently, so that's cool, will be fun to play in it. No, I think a better parity might be the end of Destiny 1 into the 1st year of Destiny 2. As, I have no doubt Bungie has good intentions in what they have made Lightfall become (and not just because "it was fun to make"), but just like the mentioned transition from one game to another, they changed the rules.

Be it Static Drops or suddenly Bubblegum Rainbows into the end of the world, it's a... surprise either way

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread