I think this is also a factor in my disappointment. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 25, 2022, 14:45 (610 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I have mentioned in the past how Titan is, by far (and still is might I add) my Favorite Destiny Environment within all of Destiny. Add on top how... EXCITED I was seeing the "temporal" rifts on mars. Like... OMG, it's SO COOL! Nothing new, but I would have loved to seen this leaned into more.

Here is what I said about this VERY subject just a few months ago...

Speaking of MARS, I want to tangent real quick. I'm SO HYPED! I am... SO SO EXCITED about the... I'm going to call it "the reveal" of telling stories about the past visually. The "temporal instabilities", a "window into the golden age." Bungie has brought into the game one of my FAVORITE concepts, which I know from originally because of BioShock Infinite, and brought it into Destiny. I'm SO HYPED. For the longest freek'n time, I've been wondering how Bungie was going to pull it off. Yeah, we had a moment with Saint-14, AND THAT WAS COOL!

(...BRING BACK Season of Dawn GUNS YOU COWARDS!...)

But, that was too hero-based a solution. To tell a story of an age, it isn't just about HUGE battles, and glory, and all that dreck. It's simpler stuff, even as little as what we can see in the background, such as a building on fire. Or, say, and I'm making this up, imagine walking through some buildings in ruins, then suddenly walking into what was once a room to eat in. And in the middle of that dilapidation, a "temporal instability" with an apple and a ham and pickle sandwich. Or, whatever. ...

It's all about environmental storytelling, which I've said before, I'm all for. That kind of stuff is my JAM!

Anyway, the creator in me LOVES LOVES LOVES this "temporal instability" solution. It is a marvelous idea. And I await, with bated breath, every instance of this trick. All I want to know is... when do we get to see Titan again. :D !!! :D

Oh, and for those of you in PvP, one side "temporal," one side not? Right? RIGHT!

And by every account this is how things appeared to have been going. We just had a Season ("of the Haunted") that was all about confronting internal strife and pain and conflicts-of and about who you are now against who you were then. And I, WAS SO, IN! Things were aiming for darker and darker shores (which makes sense right?), ultimately culminating to the bigger questions of the Destiny Universe. I wanted to see what Bungie meant by "smells of wet earth".

"Guardians Make Their Own Fate".

Look at this...

[image]

We've hit two of those already, and the theme we see here is what carried over. Beyond Light, Witch Queen, what we see is what we got.

SO check this... we went from this...

[image]

...to this...

[image]

What. The fuck.

HOW DID WE GO from Bleak to this 80's Bubblegum Unicorn Synth-Jazz?!?!

It's SO left field, that EVERYONE at some degree seconded guessed what they saw. I think it is safe to say that ALL of us, for some amount went "Is this Destiny or a new game"?

...and I just.... *sigh*

My Disappointment Is Immeasurable And My Day Is Ruined.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread