Come on, man. (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 09:28 (471 days ago) @ Kermit

Contrary to what's been said, this hasn't been talked about ad nauseam. It's been brushed under the rug. Ignored. A member of the community libels another and gets a slap on the wrist and is told it's okay to be exclusionary. It's not about spending time with an individual, it's about being part of a community. It's about what kind of community this is. #Insanewasright.

I would strongly disagree that this has been ignored. I've talked to you about it, more than once. I've talked to Korny about it. It didn't start here; you brought it here. The 'libel' you talk about isn't anywhere on this forum, and is unknown to 95% of this community. (I wouldn't have known about it if you hadn't told me directly.)

Korny has made it clear that he doesn't want to talk publicly about it, and that he doesn't want to talk to YOU about it. He has, that I know of, never asked that you be excluded from any event you want to participate in. All he's done is to say that he will not participate if you're there. (That's absolutely his right.) You have, more than once, chosen to step out rather than have him step out... but (at least every time I've been involved personally) have made a lot of noise about that. That's really on you; nobody else playing has ever said "oh, dammit, we have to play with Kermit now."

The community (as far as I can tell) is being as accepting as it can possibly be. Nobody's said to you "we need Korny to finish this, please don't join" - that's 100% a Kermit thing. You can't really argue that when YOU exclude yourself, that's the community excluding you. One person (well, two, but they live in the same house) has chosen not to play with you. Nobody else has held it against you that this is the case. (If this is not true, please let me know.) I raid with you almost weekly, I enjoy the experience, and have never felt like i'd have more fun if Korny were there instead.

"Being an adult" does NOT mean "I have to spend my discretionary time with someone I don't enjoy the company of" - Korny has done what is in his control (participated/not participated based on your presence), and that seems reasonable (to me, at least).

I guess I find it offensive that you claim an entire community (one that I'm reasonably high up in the leadership of) is exclusionary because ONE PERSON chooses not to play with you. There are plenty of other personal beefs in this community, and for the most part, they're handled relatively maturely; those who don't want to play together just don't play together. This is the ONLY case I know where that is not true. And I gotta say... nearly 100% of the drama seems to be coming from you. Cheapley's right - this has gotten every thread up to now locked... I'm leaving this open because the actual point of it (discussion of a flawless DSC run) is ongoing and relevant, and because at SOME point, what I'm saying here needs to be said publicly. Might as well be now.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread