Gameinformer Lars Bakken Multiplayer Video (Destiny)

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Monday, December 09, 2013, 17:19 (3783 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- It was said that max Fireteam size will be six players with different game types having different sizes and the matchmaking system filling in extra players as needed like in Halo. Interestingly, if I heard right, you still don't get voice chat with those extra people. You still only communicate with your hand picked fireteam.

Okay, I think the recent trend of automatically restricting chat between players in multiplayer games is disappointing. Sure, other players can be assholes some of the time, but other times they can be pretty funny and/or cool people. I would prefer to have the option to mute other players rather than a system that auto mutes them. Let me make the choice!

It's a multiplayer game, we are supposed to interact with other players, are we not?

I don't buy the "open chat jerkfaces ruin the experience" argument. In a team game, losing is far more frustrating and rage-inducing than some jerk that trash talks.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread