Taming the monster they helped create (Destiny)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, December 10, 2013, 14:23 (3788 days ago) @ Kermit

I'd like to wait until we see what the non-verbal communication options are before I pass judgment. I have made a few friends on XBL, but very few.

Just finished Journey, BTW, and it was really cool to hang out with players without talking.

That's a completely magical, mystical world, though, so I wonder how the lack of chat will be explained in Destiny's fiction.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 had excellent non-verbal systems. Spot enemies, call out needs for health ammo, call out providing health and ammo, where to attack/defend.

It wasn't only good communication, but it naturally encouraged folks to work together and play the game.

I've also had one of the weirdest nights of gaming ever in Bad Company 2 (I want to say Husker was there?). One night, there was a full team on defense and one dude on offense. A spontaneous cease-fire broke out and we spent the rest of the time destroying every piece of destroyable environment. This was a map full of trees, so, you can guess how long that took. The result was a desolate, snowy wasteland peppered with explosions and dudes running.

As far as a I know, not a word uttered between any of the participants.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread