Consensus... (Gaming)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, January 16, 2014, 18:02 (3759 days ago) @ Cody Miller

No matter WHAT it says, it's irrelevant if someone else decides they like it anyway.

I don't think that's true. Because tastes are tastes, and because there's always going to be SOMEONE out there who will like any piece of trash game (or movie, or album, etc), you'd have me believe that no meaningful critical comparison can be made because of that? There's people out there who hate Forrest Gump for crying out loud, but that doesn't mean you can't say that Forrest Gump is a better film than Madea's Christmas adventure.

No, you're right, you can say anything you want, but still, if someone does truly enjoy Madea more than Gump, your opinion, no matter who agrees with you, doesn't have to mean anything to that person.

I suppose you are right and there is no 'good' or 'bad', only 'better than x' or 'worse than y'. In which case I'd say Bioshock Infinite is worse than 90% of FPS games out there.

However you need to justify yourself, man. See, it's not your actual opinion, it's the aggressive way you shove it in people's faces with condemning and condescending remarks - with the holier-than-thou attitude, that agitates people, thus giving you these kinds of defensive replies and why I usually don't read your posts anymore.

The most constructive and helpful critiques I've ever taken part of were held in respectful and kind atmospheres. You would get higher quality threads if you put an effort into generating that kind of tone.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread