In regards to "us." (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, January 24, 2014, 08:23 (3751 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Right, because writing off the argumentative jerk as "just" the argumentative jerk makes it all ok. Can't human decency, the protection of standards, interfere with his postings... Why does it have to be up to us to choose to ignore his style of posting? Why isn't it up to him to shape up?

I, personally, decided to stop worrying about it and love the bomb a long time ago. Really, it's up to each individual poster. For what it's worth, having since made the decision to not care about Cody's tone, I feel like I've learned a lot from a valuable perspective. I mean, has anyone not tried Vanquish because they think Cody is dumb? That's a sad thought, right there.

I like to think that I, too, have learned to side-step his tone better than I used to.

I'm big enough to admit that I've been offended by Cody not engaging me the way he would people he has met or known for years. Chalk that up to human nature on both our parts.

The lack of humility still bothers me. All this talk of him in the third person isn't helping that!

I'll say directly, Cody, I appreciate what you have to say, if not always the way you say it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread