I find it hard to be annoyed by most of them (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 17:52 (3656 days ago) @ ZackDark

It's not like they're being asshats, they're just expressing opinions and (at least the vast majority here) quite in a civil way.

The majority of every thread from yesterday is filled with gushing positives and a few worries. The pre-order thread is about the only place (aside from this one) with negativity. The negativity, really no matter how it's presented, is generally always met with dismissive, rude, mocking, or name-calling posts. It snowballs from there as people (including myself) get defensive. People seem to want to discuss if they're in agreement with positive things only.

If you express how super excited you are, and here, take my money now and oh my gosh Destiny is the best game ever (even though all you've seen are a few things, never touched it yourself, but your positives are wildly overblown), that's totally cool. God forbid someone gets emotional or passionate in a dissenting way, and all of a sudden we get "So much pessimism on the forums." or "Don't be such a debbie downer!"

Great way to be nice to your fellow forum goers, even if they get a bit hyped up and emotional in a non-positive regard. I find it ridiculous that yakaman even felt the need to have to say, "At the risk of being ridiculed and and vilified" and "I respect this forum and its users greatly, and I hesitate to express my sentiments here". It's wonderful that there's this respect and love, but it's damned unfortunate that there's such fear of reprisal for a dissenting opinion.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread