??????? (Destiny)

by Decom @, Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 18:38 (3656 days ago) @ Kermit

What? If it gets a 97 on metacritic, will it be a critical flop?

Well, there are different types of reviews. Nearly all initial reviews of games like this (is 'AAA' the word for it?) are "hey guys, I played the game for a few hours without any technically difficulties and it was somewhat enjoyable = 9/10". I believe these inflated ratings go along Recon's comment about it probably selling a lot of copies.

But then, many months after the game has come out and hype has died down, the real reviews start to appear (usually more in the form of user reviews). That's where "critical flop" comes in -- when the true critiques can be made, not the "OMG NEW GAME" reviews.

What kind of time traveler are you? Predictions predict the future. They can't be "spot on" until the future is the past.

I don't mean to be harsh but these sentences you wrote--I just can't make sense of them. Stuff can't be facts, but they are equivalent to facts.

Gibberish.

You are being waaaay too literal. As you point out, it is quite impossible for any of this to be fact, which is precisely why I thought people would pick up on the hyperbole.

How about this: I vehemently agree with Recon's predictions. But that doesn't quite get my conviction across as well as my original post, IMO.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread