Public Event? (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 22:35 (3639 days ago) @ petetheduck

What are the odds that Bungie will introduce individual parties in their private little areas to something potentially unknown and mysterious as a way to build to something awesome? I really think it would be cool if they did, and as people played in different places, they run into different scenarios involving the same "twist" or whatever. Let it go viral online from within the game.

You and your buddies have decided, I dunno, to take your game to the Moon. You happen to go a different route outside of the beaten "story" path, and come across some who knows what situation that's brief, confusing, but "scary" and intimidating. Meanwhile, others chillin in the swamps of Chicago have the unfortunate run-in with something that seems related, but they can't be sure. Continue this trend to other areas.

Maybe then it culminates in public event? I guess I'm thinking of 343 Guilty Spark and how some things light up on your radar, but you never really see what's going on. Everywhere is just empty, and Covenant are slaughtered everywhere. Then that video. Then attacked. And all hell breaks loose from there. I'm imagining something awesome happening on a galaxy-wide scale, with the insane parts happening individually (but not guaranteed to always be seen by all), and slowly building to a massive reveal.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread