Its just what I see. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, May 09, 2014, 11:53 (3637 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Avateur

/Drop Mic.

Bitches.

Especially this perfect ending. :D

ZackDark

We can get to run "DBO saves the World".

I'm almost drooling with excitement now

I don't know guys - the game-play has been done before. It looks just like another shooter. Destiny looks like such an uninspired boring game. Its just so overrated. Obviously a Halo MMO. Bungie sucks.

I mean its so obvious that all the investment systems will not only make the game not fun, but in fact - boring. Individualized Cool armor based on your play? Ha!... Ha! Investment systems don't make games better. Making a good game makes it better. You make good games by not having investment systems - OBVIOUSLY! Its logic guys. Get a clue. I mean Halo One (the one on the Xbox not the one on the Xbox One - Duh) didn't have customization and it was the best game of all time. OF ALL TIME.

Listening to podcasts is ****. Just like every other ************ who ******** a cheese grater. In fact, its probably more fun for the cheese grater.

And another thing... If I want to start a sentence with "and", I darn well can do so - you know why? All this freedom. Amurica!

And another thing... always ONLINE? An OUTRAGE! How am I supposed to play this on my offline xbox! ABSURD! ABSURD! Obviously its the guvernment illuminati zombie lizard people from space out to control our minds from the water supply 9/22 so that they can put arrows in our knees - leaving us defenseless during the invasion. Where is the adventure in that? So in conclusion there will be no pudding in Destiny. Get your shit together Bungle.

And another thing... Where does all the bread go when you put it in a toaster? You put bread in and toast pops out - why are we not funding billions to find out this mystery?

There is no sarcasm in this post. Nor is this statement false.

Good day gentlemen. ಠ_ರೃ

---------------------

...and with my OP swirling around in my imagination (one of many might I add), is what things look like to me when I read comments on the internet involving Destiny. Or Cody Miller - but that doesn't count. ;P

Bungie is making an amazing game and I don't think we can truly realize it until we get our hands on it. On the surface (need say I more?) it might just be another -in this case- shooter, but really that is what all games are. All games use the original ideas of Ralph Baer, that is the root. It all started with Three squares on a tv screen interacting with what is on screen. Both the player and the object in the game. Amazing.

Over the years – just like all tech – it’s been built on. Over and over. Again that is nothing new – Humanity has been doing that for a while now too - but that takes off into another topic.If you want to understand what Bungie is doing; go outside. A scary prospect – yet as you do that, imagine it as a video game. That’s right everyone – Bungie is creating the Matrix. Step 7 shall soon be complete.

To do that requires - well - at least six years and a slow build up of at least 500 people (known - who knows how much outsourcing has been done) and as has recently been confirmed (though I could have sworn we heard the same number unofficially in the past) half a billion dollars now so that the next 10 years is (hopefully) less expensive.

Why am I posting all this?

Because while I am being graced with your all too kind comments, saying "this is awesome" and what not, I can not take these comments so greedily. All I have posted is the interpreted potential that Bungie has said they want to make. For "all of us" to be able to do - if we want to. They are trying to make a game where you can eat cake and have it too. Where you can be the lone wolf in one moment - be with a unknown group in another moment - then be lone wolf again if you choose. Seamlessly. To use a existing slogan to explain what they have been pitching as far as I can tell - It is what it isn't; But it will be fun. I understand what they are trying to do; I am rooting for them. I want them to succeed. I just hope that they do so - intelligently.

Kick some ass Bungie.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread