Public Event? (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, May 09, 2014, 08:17 (3640 days ago) @ bluerunner

I hope the history of humanity before the Collapse is left like that. Let us build our own story based on our own archeological studies of the environments. Let us try to determine on our own what life was like back then and how everything fell apart.

I think that would be best.

The central thing that has me the most excited for Destiny is how much potential there is for wonder. We have the past that hasn't been completely pieced together, and we have the uncertainty of the frontier. Just as the technological possibilities of humanity's collapsed empire coupled with Space Magic are going to shape the gear and weapons we get to play with; inhabiting the game world at a time when both the past and future are shrouded in mystery will really shape the way it feels. And keeping the true context so close to the vest as not to explain any(or at least most) of it is a great way for Bungie to preserve that wonder.

Which has led me to some pretty interesting speculation about D2: Destined Harder(working title); namely whether we'll be seeing other star systems, or a forward shift in time.

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread