Public Event(s)? I Like Your Thinking (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Thursday, May 08, 2014, 07:57 (3640 days ago) @ DaDerga

What are the odds that Bungie will introduce individual parties in their private little areas to something potentially unknown and mysterious as a way to build to something awesome? I really think it would be cool if they did, and as people played in different places, they run into different scenarios involving the same "twist" or whatever. Let it go viral online from within the game.

That would be superb. A mysterious substrate that in fact could expose an overarching, deeper narrative, glimpsed piecemeal, beyond the obvious superficial ones. It would take collection and collation to bring it to revelation.

I wonder if there could even be something as big as another planet that's not yet been revealed. If Bungie did something like open up a huge environment a month after launch, leading up to it with these little mysteries, that'd be awesome.

I think I'm getting excited for the unknown. So far, it's been a craving for every piece of information we can pull from Deej, but I'm feeling a shift. I want to go find it in the world.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread