VentureBeat Interview with Jason Sussman (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 10:58 (3602 days ago) @ Xenos

I hear Sussman is a pretty cool guy. He makes awesome art and doesn't afraid of anything.

At least that's what I've been told.

Sussman: It’s a lot of different things. I could get really technical, but I’d bore you to death. A lot has to do with performance. We’re cross-platform, so we had to be very delicate with all four consoles, making sure they have the same experience, that it looks as good as it possibly can on all these consoles. A lot goes into that, from geometry to textures to post effects to particles to how many players you get on the screen. We’re always balancing that out to make sure everyone gets the same experience.

So basically, it could have been even more impressive as next gen only.

I get the feeling PS4/XB1/PC would have made the game even better. I guess XBox360 + PS3 > PC sales.

I figure that if this was just Xbox One and Ps4 then graphically would still get the same deal we have now. Why? With a new cycle comes a sort of re-learning what you can do with the new found technical space while keeping 30 fps or more, while networking all of it.

After a year of raw network data with Destiny along with more experience with the Xbox One and Ps4, then will we be able to see what they can do with the extra power and tech behind each device with out blowing something up. Well... actually... no... something will blow up, something always has to blow up, it will just be smaller due to caution and experience.(Also the work on the frankly inevitable PC version will no doubt help too)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread