Weapons (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, July 08, 2014, 11:34 (3588 days ago)

I was thinking about the weapons in Destiny and wanted to make sure I had everything straight in my head before diving into the beta. Here's what little I know. Please correct me if I'm wrong and fill me in on anything I leave out.

Three weapon slots: Primary, Special, and Heavy.
Primary: hand cannons, auto rifles (full auto only), pulse rifles (burst fire only), and scout rifles (single shot only)
Special: sniper rifles (semi auto, no bolt action), shotguns(pump action only), fusion rifles (charge up and fire multiple rounds)
Heavy: heavy machine guns and rocket launchers

Am I missing anything? Have there been any hints that there will be any other types of weapons?

For those who played the alpha, how different did each weapon behave and feel within each group? Are the main differences just fire rate and recoil? Will the biggest variations be the attachments and type of damage they do?

I'm hoping for more variation in the heavy weapons in particular. In Halo you have rocket launchers, fuel rod guns, spartan lasers, plasma launchers, and incinerator cannons. These behaved very differently from each other. Will we have that kind of variation in Destiny?

A couple of questions on loadouts: How many weapons can we hold in reserve? I think I heard someone say 9, but is that 9 total or 9 for each weapon slot (primary, special, heavy). On weapon slots, will we be limited to always having a primary, special, and heavy slot? What if I wanted to not carry a special but instead carry two primary weapons? Could that be an option?

And why can't they give me a cool futuristic crossbow for my hunter?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread