Weapons (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 10:45 (3709 days ago) @ Jabberwok

I'm hoping the full game will make me eat my words, because I would really like to see them get crazier with the weapon types. The fiction they've established allows them to make pretty much anything imaginable, but right now, 90% are things we've seen in most every other shooter. I mean, Mass Effect weapons didn't have much more variety, but they also had about ten times as many powers to work with.

Mass Effect 3's weapons ranged all over the place. No trigger-tricky weapons like the Reach Pro-Pipe, but the selection was pretty varied across the board.

But I share your hope. It may just be that the weapons that really change up your play style will be exotics, rather then entire weapon types (which would be my preference). But there's always DLC. They could certainly add in a weapon type or two per class.

Heck, even just new types of weapon upgrades, or existing ones in weird places (like cluster explosions on a hand cannon) would be 8 different kinds of fun.

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread