on PVP setup (Destiny)

by electricpirate @, Wednesday, July 09, 2014, 11:13 (3722 days ago) @ Malagate

Really, really want more of this, too. But one has to consider how it will translate into PvP. I'm sort of expecting that the divide between how the weapons behave in each environment will widen over time, especially since the MLG crowd will almost certainly pare the game down to one particular winning formula for instant or near-instant death.

My guess is that the chance of any weapon with really unique support-style properties is eventually going to be nerfed into oblivion or simply won't be effective in PvP situations.

After all, while weapons with status effects and other sorts of oddball behaviors will undoubtedly come in super handy against hordes of enemies, it doesn't seem to me like they'd be as useful in the short PvP encounters it seems The Crucible is built around.

~m

This is why the reliance on traditional PVP is so disappointing to me. Instead of Leaning into the interesting part of crazy weapon systems, they are pairing back differences.

Ohh well, rest of the game looks great, and the PVP seems fun for what it is, but I can't help but feel that it could have been something far more than what it appears to be.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread