The First Human-Darkness War (Destiny)

by PackLeader89, Durham, NC, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 07:06 (3547 days ago)

Even though I am certain that we will see more of this canon develop throughout the game, I wanted to see what were some thoughts on this "canon" piece prior to game release.

From what we know, it is true that humanity had expanded its reach to the Moon, Mars, Venus, and possibly beyond--we have yet to see if Humanity had any impact on Jupiter and Mercury.

The Traveler expanded our lifespan and gave us access to "technologies" and advances beyond what humanity had been able to achieve on its own. This we know.

What I am intrigued by is whether humanity fought an actual "war" against the Darkness or if we were simply taken by surprise and crushed within moments. Was the past experience against the Darkness like the Human-Covenant War in HALO which took 30 years, or was it a very short and crushing conflict in which we didn't even put up a fight?

One reason why I ask is because, as a true nerd, I am writing a blog of journal entries on my Guardian's past. However, I noticed that walking through Old Russia and the Moon, I didn't see a lot of battle and war junk lying around. I know that we only saw small geographical areas of an entire continent; however, if an actual war was fought, then I would expect to see more "scars" of that conflict.

What I am led to believe is that the conflict was very swift and ended quickly. However, I struggle with this because human population must have been huge at that point (especially considering a tripled lifespan) and, unless the Darkness can annihilate life in an instant, I haven't seen much of all that humanity at all.

Your thoughts.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread