The First Human-Darkness War (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 10:00 (3547 days ago) @ PackLeader89

Not a 30+ year war like in Halo for sure, but longer than a three day war most likely. Some things we do know:

- The conflict took long enough that people in Russia were able to pack up and drive in mass to the Cosmodrome seeking escape on a colony ship.There are a lot of cars, especially as seen in the 2013 E3 demo. So we can expect that these people at least had a warning that something bad was coming.

- That some of Humanity did in fact escape The Darkness to end up building The Reef somewhere in our solar system (like in the asteroid belt) suggest that the forces arrayed against Humanity weren't 100% all powerful as the Covenant generally were in space engagements where they often overcame humanity's superior numbers.

- There's the quote from the Grimoire: "Ask yourself: what threatened your Golden Age ancestors so much that they constructed the Exos to defend themselves?" Exos, as we're finding out, are really really advanced. To the point of being fully intelligent and having lifespans that stretch back to the Golden Age some hundreds of years ago. We're looking at a minimum of years of design for them I'd think.

With so little information it's hard to make an educated guess, but I'd think the war lasted a few years but less than a decade. Long enough for there to be Golden Age Warminds and weapons (the legendary guns we'll use are said to be from our Golden age) and Exos. I do think that once whatever defenses we had were finally broken through things went quickly from there. The miles of burnt out cars in Old Russia suggest something like a nuke that killed a lot of people in the same way at the same time, for instance.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread