The First Human-Darkness War (Destiny)

by PackLeader89, Durham, NC, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 10:10 (3547 days ago) @ Ragashingo

With so little information it's hard to make an educated guess, but I'd think the war lasted a few years but less than a decade. Long enough for there to be Golden Age Warminds and weapons (the legendary guns we'll use are said to be from our Golden age) and Exos. I do think that once whatever defenses we had were finally broken through things went quickly from there. The miles of burnt out cars in Old Russia suggest something like a nuke that killed a lot of people in the same way at the same time, for instance.

This is pretty good stuff you are pulling up. It's funny how much you can miss by not paying super close attention to everything. I guess every player gets as much as they want from the story as they want to get into.

So I agree:
The Warminds
The Exos
The legendary armor and weaponry
All of these are clues of a prolonged war of attrition (maybe).

I also agree with your last point: It seems like once the last line of defense broke, all of Earth was overwhelmed soon after that. Like a full blitzkrieg once there was no formal defense to hold against the Darkness.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread