The First Human-Darkness War (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 09:09 (3547 days ago) @ PackLeader89

You picked up on a lot of neat clues. Good job! :)

My view is that we fought the actual Darkness for a few reasons:

1. The Darkness is "returning" not "coming." That's been a part of Destiny for almost as long as we've known about the game.
2. While The City is getting some kind of protection from The Traveler it is also getting a lot from the basics: Big walls and big guns. The Twilight Gap for instance is shown as actively shooting down enemies even in the modern day.
3. In the Golden Age we had already built Warminds. We already had solar system patrols ready to engage enemies. I don't see the Golden Age as an age of militarization but its clear it also wasn't a Star Trek utopia. The interesting question is why have these things? The Traveler is said to have shared knowledge with Humanity. Could it have told us of the Darkness?
4. I'd like to think that the damage to The Traveler is something that our current enemies aren't really capable of. We don't have a ton of proof of that but it feels to me that it would require something a lot meaner and tougher to attack The Traveler than the aliens we're fighting right now.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread