Trails of Osiris *SP?* (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, August 25, 2014, 05:34 (3542 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Such the complainer.

It doesn't occur to you that games will be more intense knowing something is at stake? That people will have earned their way in one way or another and the likelihood of Randos without mics and idiots charging around blindly is significantly diminished?

I imagine the mood will be a bit like the Iron Banner matches, only moreso. Seeing Strength of the Wolf pop up during a match is pretty invigorating, imagine matches where that is only the barest requirement for success.

You complain and complain about not liking this mechanic or that one, railing against the grind, and then when an opportunity is presented where pitting your skill against another player's (instead of finding high level creeps to fight) is likely to grant you rare rewards, you still aren't happy?

We've had the discussion about rare weapons predictably dropping in certain scenarios becoming mile markers in the late game. This would seem to address some of that concern by (assuming the article is correct) allowing the player the choice of redeeming whatever currency is earned in victories. And one mote per three matches is a fair enough guarantee that you won't be instantly ground into paste and will actually be given a fair shake at the rarer loot.

I understand your M.O. is to instantly assess the bounds of the system and judge it by breaking it down via your very unique logic. But you still haven't played it. Who knows, you might even have fun with it.

At the very least, I'd say this guarantees a pretty non-standard experience in the late game, as I'm fairly confident that to get the very best gear one will have to be a well-rounded player. I'm willing to bet the most successful loadouts we'll see will be cobbled together from gear across all game modes.

I'm not sure you can really ask a developer to demand more of their players than that.

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread