Source for those who need it. (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 00:23 (3541 days ago) @ General Vagueness
edited by General Vagueness, Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 00:30

http://destinynews.net/trials-osiris/

OK, actually, I tried to figure out the sourcing here, and... it says near the beginning:

The Trials of Osiris will only take place on The Burning Shrine, and The Burning Shrine will only be available when playing the Trials of Osiris (as mentioned here).

That goes to a pretty good interview which covers a lot of the same stuff as another recent interview, and it mentions "The Burning Shrine" and that it's a multiplayer map, but what that article says is mentioned isn't mentioned there, nothing about the exclusivity of the map or the "Trials of Osiris"-- so where did they get this information?

Whoop, reading comprehension failure on my part, the whole paragraph says:

The Trials of Osiris will only take place on The Burning Shrine, and The Burning Shrine will only be available when playing the Trials of Osiris (as mentioned here). As we can see from the description of the Osiris Coin, we’ll be able to go to Mercury for the Trials of Osiris and earn rewards for continued victories. It’s assumed that the Osiris Faction promotes this Crucible mode.

That has all the links the same as the article, and that's an important factor.
The operative part here besides what I pointed out before is the description of the Osiris Coin from DestinyDB, that the site helpfully pops up when you hover on the link, which is:

An invitation to prove yourself on Mercury as one of the Crucible's elite. Each win builds to greater rewards and grants another try.

That combined with the statement from Bungie that there's only one map on Mercury and it's a multiplayer map pretty much fills everything in. The description for Trials of Osiris gives the last piece, the "three strikes and you're out" part:

Only the worthy may face the Trials of Osiris, for only the worthy are strong enough to endure what is to come. A string of victories will earn great rewards - but lose three times and you're out.

The line about the Osiris Coin is nice, because it implies you get three tries initially but you get an extra chance to play each time you win.

The question now, which I've seen asked before and which I'm not sure I've seen answered that well, is where DestinyDB gets its information, and this information in particular.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread