Day 1 of 3,650, give or take (Destiny)

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Tuesday, September 09, 2014, 20:28 (3527 days ago) @ Cody Miller

No. The main narrative fails worse than anything I have seen in a long time.

Like:

Nothing makes sense.
Stuff is not connected to any other stuff.
Stuff that seems important is just forgotten about.
There are no good characters.
The speaker must be an idiot.

This is the first day of a project that is expected to be in development for the next ten years. I'd have been shocked if anything made sense at this juncture, if anything seemed connected to anything else, and that important story elements seem to have been forgotten about along the way. I'm surprised that you're surprised by this. We have the next ten years to experience the story as it unfolds through sequels and expansions. With the amount of time Bungie's had to prepare, I have every expectation that all these loose threads you're complaining about will come together.

As to your fourth point, well, I haven't finished the game yet (still on Venus), but I've enjoyed the little interactions I've had with various NPCs, both wandering through the Tower and vicariously via cutscene. I'd love to have more, but again, Day 1...

And if you can provide a non-spoilery explanation for your last point, I'd be interested to hear it (because apparently I'm a glutton for punishment).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread