Destiny is Not Canon (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 03:49 (3526 days ago) @ Fuertisimo

Don't get too excited, I think there's going to be a lot of people agreeing with Cody this time.

It's expected. Cody created a civil war last time around. This seems tame in comparison, so far, hah. :)

After every release there's a big hoopla and lots of complaints and rants, found often in a vehement voice and split into multiple threads. People have built up passion, hype, and huge expectations; it can't be helped! As days and weeks go by the tone settles and some of the people who were once pissed see the game for what it's trying to do and not what they wanted it to be and come to appreciate it. Sometimes, years later, the game that was once trashed into oblivion on fan forums is fondly remembered and wanted to be bought all over again! From Halo2Sucks.com to Halo 2 Anniversary, hah. I myself loudly criticized ODST upon release and now I absolutely adore it.

This is also a whole new series, too. I always assumed there would be departures after people actually played it. Different boats for different folks... If that's a saying? A fan forum highlights passion - all kinds - so it's impossible to see how Destiny will fare by the most immediate and loudest opinions. Now I want to go play Destiny and soak it all in, not write about it more (and that's another reason why positive reviews often come later and quieter). :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread