Nailed It (Destiny)

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 05:52 (3526 days ago) @ Malagate

Going through story one time as one class and one subclass is one thing. Maxing out your gear, trying new subclasses, maxing your weekly Vanguard Marks, completing the story missions on higher difficulty, completing weekly Nightfalls, completing Daily Heroics, and competing in the Crucible are another. Your missing the forest for the trees. Honestly, I have a hard time thinking what more someone could want. Infinite new content generated every day tailored specifically to your character? C'mon man.

Bungie has created a truly beautiful game here. It's not the Sistine Chapel, but it is the girders on which Bungie will lay while they paint the Sistine Chapel. This isn't WoW, which had rich lore prior to development - this is a new IP. This is the foundation that will be used to paint their masterpiece. One that will unfold over the next decade. What we, as fans, need now, is execution. We need the support that has been discussed - Iron Crucible type events, random missions given by strangers arriving in the Tower, and substantial and material DLC.

The game really does begin at 20. You unlock the high level gear and can tweak your character to find the perfect build that fits your playstyle. The Raid will be available soon and grinding for Legendary and Epic gear can be done.

You've had a long day and you've just finished your dinner. End game is the dessert and you're leaving the table before the cake comes out.

I believe Destiny is one of those games that you either "get" or you "don't get." I also believe it's the very beginning of something that will be truly special. I sincerely hope it comes to fruition. Destiny will keep me busy for a very, very long time.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread