What unlocks at level 20 so far... (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 09:28 (3526 days ago) @ car15

All of that stuff is just permutations of the same content you've already played. It's not actual content. Cody is right.

If this were a Halo game, or just another campaign-plus-multiplayer FPS, that wouldn't be a problem, but Destiny was supposed to be an epic exploration-themed adventure that could keep your attention for years. The final game is not that.

So far, and this could change, the final game is that for me. It's also a matter of perspective, personal interests, and expectations. But even before the permutations mentioned, and with half of the story left to do, I'm already overwhelmed and feel like my adventure with this game is just starting. I'm not trying to go overboard on defending Destiny - I just can't even fathom that people are already exhausted with it, let alone finished with the story. I feel like I'm playing a different game! I guess the open nature of the game allows for a huge spectrum of approaches. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread