The scores will hurt it. (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 10:21 (3523 days ago) @ Injunfett

Destiny is Bungie and Activisions next big hit and there 10 year plan, they were hoping for this game to be as big as Call of Duty to the point that they dipped Into Call of Duty's budget to help promote the game. Right now the game has gotten a 60 from the big 3 (Gamespot, Polygon, and Giant Bomb) it's hard to build a AAA franchise on those numbers just look at Medal of Honor.

All that really matters is what the players and people who are buying it think.

With the DLC set to come in december, there are a few things that will make or break it for me. If the DLC is just additional missions in the same play spaces, then it's a bust and they will have lost me. I'm basically not going to get it unless there are new things to do, and new areas to explore. A new planet / explorable space and some new MP maps at minimum. The last piece of Bungie "DLC" that I have actually purchased was the Halo 2 Map pack, and even then I got the disc :-p

I'd love to break that trend, but if it's just a mission pack then they are in trouble from me, and a lot of players I think.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread