I also get it. I also love it. Hope Metacritic wont hurt it. (Destiny)

by Numinar @, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 11:43 (3523 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I haven't got to any of the closed content or felt limited yet. Feels like halo with more loading screens and a but of free-form mission selection. I played a few games of the limited 3v3 playlist in crucible already and I will be sad to see that gametype pass, but it's cool how they will manipulate and force the MP population into certain hoppers as opposed to having 1 or 2 of the bland hoppers out of 20 actually populated properly.

Game has to be judged without the raid and this other nonsense, that should be gravy. Judge it by what it is now (which I think is great in the areas that count).

I am mad for Warframe and Payday 2, those are some of my favorite games, unique in many ways, and better than Destiny in others. They are not as good as Destiny though for co-op action-shooter lootery.

I actually agree with everyone who hates it, just like I agree with everyone who hates Halo and push this revisionist PCMR/Playstation fanboy opinion of that game being a mediocre console kiddy pile of junk. It's not for them, fine. It's not what they want. (Don't worry, cookie cutter 3rd person adventure/weird janky Japanese game is out soon!) What it is, is really, really good. They have made a game for a certain kind of person and it's really good for that kind of person. If I'm the only one I am really, really lucky. But I know I am not, with at least 3 co-workers still invested after over dozen hours, and in one case 3 times that. Not much maybe, but more than any 6/10 game would get.

So all these mediocre reviews (which talk about how awesome the PvP and moment to moment gameplay is which is the majority of the game) make absolute sense I guess. Why do games with good stories and so-so gameplay get better reviews? I love a good book or roller-coaster. But good games should be recognised as such. Is destiny a bad game? A phoned in mediocre contractually obligated safe playing nothing? I was ready for it to be one, but it isn't. It takes risks, it executes, it goes light in some departments, but it's not a B grade forgettable experience for everyone.

PSN:Numinar, logging on now!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread