Destiny: Wot I finally think (Destiny)

by yakaman, Thursday, September 18, 2014, 10:44 (3519 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Great post. Hard to disagree with anything. The greatest discord for me is the "the game begins at level 20" statement. As you have mentioned before, this is grossly untrue.

I'd put forth the game ends at level 20. The rest is rinse, repeat.

Now, in and of itself, I do enjoy hopping in and playing a bit with my friends. Really, this is the best part. But I will not grind by myself, will not grind (endure?) Crucible, will not grind to make it into an event (i.e. VoG) - regardless of how cool.

It might be interesting to get new gear if (IF!) there were uncharted horizons to see, or wonders to uncover, or enemies/sections I just couldn't clear. I should grind a ton to get more gear to level up and then....grind a ton to get more gear?

The Vanguard raids are the closest thing to single-player content I'm still interested in. They're quick, efficient, and do a good job of creating positive experiences for online randoms.

It's pretty, it's fun, but it's so shallow. Again I ask: where did all the effort go? I'm asking seriously. Multi-platforms? Character creation? Investment? Graphics?

Pretty pieces here and there.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread