Questions we could get answered (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, September 19, 2014, 18:20 (3517 days ago) @ Cody Miller

His assessment is faulty only if he is working with incorrect or misleading information. He's got access to the same game we all do.

The whole idea of opinions is that they cannot be objectively correct. Smart people will, instead of telling someone their opinion is wrong, try to understand WHY it is they hold the opinion they have.

Maybe someone doesn't like grinding. Grinding is dumb and a waste of time. However, if someone says "I like to grind" that is not wrong. They might very well enjoy it. So understand why they like grinding, and you can have a better discussion. Perhaps they like grinding because they are they type of person who likes results, and doesn't like experimentation, exploration and failure. Rather than have to learn new skills, they are more happy doing the same thing over and over to get better stuff and power up their characters.

Now you can try to convince them that challenge, and going outside the box and improving yourself is more worthwhile and they key to being a more happy healthy and successful human being. If you do, then maybe they will begin to dislike grinding.

That's how you have to approach something like this. They key is that nobody's opinion is wrong.

I find my self without words when one with such a dedicated history of a hard line professes to essentially seek understanding from all venues.

Conversing on the internet really doesn't do justice sometimes.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread