Fully agree... (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, September 22, 2014, 16:47 (3525 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Ragashingo, Monday, September 22, 2014, 17:20

Amusingly, I don't think the Defender Bubble is overpowered... at least not in a one on one. You aren't that much tougher vs a shotgun and punch and can't take on more than one person at a time if they charge you usually. Compare it to most of the other Supers (I remain unconvinced of Radiance as well) that let you get one to three kills with ease. The bubble does help a lot more if you have team members using it with you, but on its own it's actually a bit underpowered in my opinion. Annoyingly, Golden Gun, which can't stop Fist of Havoc, can kill Ward of Dawn in two shots leaving the third for the Titan within. And of course a Bladedancer just laughs and kills you and the rest of your entire team no matter how you configure the bubble...

I think you give up a bit too much with the Defender Titan honestly. The Arc Titan can blind people, can kill them instantly with a running start, can fly through the air and kill them from a distance, can kill them even if flanked from behind, and can even hurt multiple enemies with a single punch. The Defender? You get a bubble that doesn't really stop people from rushing you. The force shield you get if you manage to kill someone with a melee is kinda lame as well. The force shield isn't that great because often times you either die as you and the enemy kill each other or you're weakened and die to the next enemy shooting at you before the shield protects you. Compare it to the Sunsinger Warlocks who get their shield upon connecting the punch, not upon scoring a kill, and the Defender's special melee starts looking really underpowered and something that you normally won't even be able to activate...

The Defender Titan is basically a PVE only build except for one interesting thing. Their third grenade (Suppression Grenades) cancel and reset Supers to zero. A good Crucible team might use a Defender Titan and Arc Titan in tandem to blind enemies at a control point and make it so none of them can fire off a Super... I have not see that used, but it sounds cool in theory...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread