Fully agree... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, September 22, 2014, 23:32 (3524 days ago) @ Revenant1988

We were in a game where the Defender planted at B, and NOBODY could touch him thanks to the over shield he got from being in his bubble and his shotgun. I dropped on his head from behind, melee'd him with the Drain, and saw half of his overshield deplete. A second punch did nothing, and he turned and killed me easily. And then he got heavy ammo for his machine gun, so he needed only step out for a second AFTER acquiring a target and taking a few shots..

The shield's duration is ridiculous. Most supers last a few seconds. In the heat of battle, every second counts... And that thing is around long enough to guarantee Zone neutralization, capture, AND defense. If nothing else, it needs a duration decrease.

Um, if you're gonna nerf my Titan, then I'd like Blade Dancer to have it's strength decreased and that resurrect the Warlock has to go bye-bye.

It's funny, how many people complain one super is over powered compared to the others, when in reality they're ALL equally cheap!:P

[BR or bust] [MLG4eva] [rek skrubs]

EDIT: I wonder if the Void Bubble stops a Striker Titan.... Should test that. Might be a good (and hilarious) counter to a whole team hiding under the bubble.

Except we were able to put this to the test today.
A void grenade (with extended duration) perfectly centered inside the bubble will not pop a Titan's shields.
A full fusion rifle blast will not kill the Titan.

We decided to rush the Titan as a group, four on one, and while we were able to bring him down, it took four people about six seconds of melee and gunfire to whittle his health down faster than it could refill... Had he had a shotgun...

Like I said, I don't complain when I'm killed by a super. Everyone else is not automatically OP. The problem is extended balance. As has been said, Bungie said that a shotgun to the face can counter most things. It can't. I hit a blade dancer square with a rocket, and she kept slashing. I hit one cleanly with a fusion rifle blast, and she still had enough health to kill me...

Gunslingers can be killed easily, Strikers are dangerous, but predictable. Nova Bombers are entirely vulnerable during the windup, and Sunsingers take a second to revive, being vulnerable the entire time, and can be brought down before they even get into first person.

It's specifically those two classes, Blade Dancer and Defender, that tip all scales in a team's favor, rather than being a tactical weapon, they ARE the strategy.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread