Fully agree on Arc Blade (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, September 22, 2014, 19:36 (3524 days ago) @ HavokBlue

If Arc Blade is going to last as long as it does, or grant as much mitigation as it does, the melee attack needs some sort of charge/swing timer, or maybe a limit like the Golden Gun.

On another balance note: I'm really bothered by the fact that Warlocks can be killed by their own void bomb. It's already the most mediocre super ability (basically an extra wide radius rocket, oh boy) and the number of times I have killed myself with it because it clipped a light fixture hanging from the ceiling while I was trying to net a space magic medal is truly disgusting.

Yeah the biggest problem with Arc Blade for me is actually just one thing: EVERYONE USES ENCORE. For those of you that don't know, Encore EXTENDS the amount of time you have with Arc Blade every time you kill someone with it. The thing is, Arc Blade feels pretty balanced in PVE because many enemies take more than one swing to kill, but in PVP it feels overpowered because every swing is a one hit kill.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread