Fully agree... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 05:13 (3524 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Korny, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 05:58

Your bold words don't mean much, since they come from an extremely narrow perspective (I didn't have a problem, so obviously there's no problem). Your solution depends on a very specific set of events, or one single variable that can counter a bubble.

According to you, "all you need to do" is just so happen to be a Striker Titan, Just so happen to have your specific setup, and just so happen to have a full Super when you run into a Defender bubble, while just so happening to have your teammates trained on the bubble...

The other solution is to use up a Golden Gun's three shots on the bubble, which also relies on very specific events.

Yes, these specific scenarios can counter a drop bubble, but what are the odds that you'll meet all criteria?

It's like me posting this and saying "The Blade Dancer is not all that, I could counter it easily, so obviously everyone else but me is wrong."

The problem, as I said, was in how long the bubble lasts, how invincible the person is inside (assuming nobody has a Titan with a full Super in their pocket), and the ability to cast it on a capture point, effectively locking down the spot for far too long.

A Super is a tool. It should change an encounter. It shouldn't BE the encounter. I'm not saying to get rid of it, or that it is 100% impossible to beat. I'm saying that it has far too much power when put up against the context under which it's used, and that should be addressed, not ignored simply because you found one specific situation in which it is not 100% effective.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread