Is this Rasputin? (possible spoilers) (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 20:28 (3520 days ago) @ Earendil

Ok, the end part about casting off a shield and letting (presumably) humanity die is neat, but the part that had me going "oh crap!" is:

"I bear an old name. It cannot be killed. They were my brothers and sisters and their names were immortal too but Titanomachy came and now those names live in me alone. I think and think is what I do. I AM ALONE. At the end of things when the world goes dim and cold or hot and close or it all tears apart from the atom up I will shout those names defiant and past the end I will endure. I alone.

A certain other notable Bungie AI was once a bit preoccupied with the end of the universe:

...The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet, there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.

And now Rasputin has taken over the Skywatch communications array AND taken over some sort of Covis Bray AI connected to the Mars Warminds. I do so hope Bungie continues this subplot because it might get very very interesting!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread