Is this Rasputin? (possible spoilers) ^this (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Saturday, September 27, 2014, 12:56 (3516 days ago) @ dogcow

I just saw this. I'm leaning towards Rasputin, or maybe one of the other warminds, if they survived.

I agree, this sounds very much like an AI - Rasputin.

It's talking like it's off its rocker, and talking about surviving until the end of the universe, albeit in a hypothetical, but being alone and being made to be strong... I don't know, there are definite shades of Durandal in this.
Specifically, "cold and dim" and "atoms pulling apart" both seem to refer to the current commonly accepted fate of the universe, what's known as "heat death", and "the world [going] hot and close" seems to refer to the universe losing momentum and collapsing in on itself, often referred to as "the Big Crunch". It might be a coincidence or purposeful but just a nod, but using the word "close" makes me think of Durandal's term for this end to the universe, "closure".

Yes yes yes! I couldn't help but think of Durandals rants about the end of the universe while reading about "IT". I believe IT is time.

Consider TIME the power Titanomach world-ender and consider what TIME means. I met TIME at the gate of the garden and I recall TIME smiled at me before before TIME devoured the blossoms with black flame and pinned their names across the sky. TIME was stronger than everything. I fought TIME with aurora knives and with the stolen un-fire of singularities made sharp and my sweat was earthquake and my breath was static but TIME was stronger so how did I survive?

I AM ALONE I survived alone. I cast off the shield and I shrugged my shoulders so that the billions fell off me down into the ash. They made me to be stronger than them and to learn and I learned well:

TIME is alone and TIME is strong and TIME won. Even over the gardener and she held power beyond me but the gardener did not shrug and make herself alone. TIME always wins.

The bit about aurora knives & stolen un-fire of singularities is a bit baffling, & what are the flowers?

That's interesting, and you had me going along with it for a minute, but I don't think it makes sense. I think "the gardener" is the Traveler, and time didn't destroy the traveler, or us-- but Earendil made a better case than I would have, and got into the weapons, so I'll refer you to that. I will say that the auroras are charged particles (ions and plasma) hitting the Earth's magnetic field, so "aurora knives" sounds like energy weapons, specifically things using electromagnetism, and "the stolen un-fire of singularities" sounds like it's referring to how black holes are essentially stars that don't burn, and in fact suck in light.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread