Is this Rasputin? (possible spoilers) (Destiny)

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 21:08 (3520 days ago) @ ZackDark

Gardner being Traveler makes sense to me.

but the gardener did not shrug and make herself alone.

Traveler chose to stay and fight, leading to the Ghosts creation and the Last City.

Rasputin figured out a way to stay safe by isolating itself in the Cosmodrome's systems after humanity had been reduced to almost nothing. Either it was scared or/and knew the Darkness couldn't be defeated, maybe thought it'd be able to come up with a plan eventually. This lines up with Raspy pretty much ignoring us once released, and seeming to have some sort of plan based on the fact that it takes over the stuff on Mars.

I bear an old name.

Seems to imply this was written/said semi-recently. At least in the current age instead of during the Fall. Raspy sounds remorseful to me overall about the way everything went down

It cannot be killed.

I might be reading to deep into this, but could reference that Raspy is on some sort of network instead of concrete hardware that could be destroyed. The Legend card about the Nine mentions Warminds in stealth platforms in deep space, which sound like actual ships of a sort to me. Could just be a "I will win this time" though.

I am made to win and now I see the way.

This is what really says Warmind to me. Our Ghost mentions Warminds being created specifically to fight the Darkness if I'm remembering correctly. "Now I see the way" loops back to my first point.

When Raspy was first translated I thought it sounded like a "dumb" AI trying to follow Golden Age protocols. But knowing more about everything now I realize it just doesn't make sense. Warminds sound on par or beyond Halo's Smart AIs, at minimum they don't have the hard death date, though can still go Rampant, more like Marathon. And we have a totally different kind of AI in Destiny, the Exos. Even if it was dumb, I assume it would know or be able to tell pretty quickly how destroyed everything is, no resistance of the old days left unless he maybe has some drones available or something. His first spoken dialogue when awoken/freed/whatever isn't an attempt to contact whoever is in charge of humanity, currently or those of the Golden Age, and he doesn't even really acknowledged us. Odd for something that used to be in charge of defense.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread