I remember that post... (Destiny)

by katancik ⌂ @, Portland, OR/ University of Texas, Friday, September 26, 2014, 07:35 (3507 days ago) @ General Vagueness

So are you playing for the rewards then, or to get to that content? If it's the rewards, I think that's your problem. If you treat it like something to do to grind and work for more of something, of course it won't be as enjoyable. If it's the content, I can't really argue with that.

I think it's a little of both and it feels a bit strange. This game can be a lot of fun with friends at times, but at other times it can be grueling. For example, the other day I spent a half hour with two friends camped behind a wall taking pot-shots at the Nexus to finish the nightfall strike. Did I do that for fun? No. And it's not something I'm particularly interested in doing again, but there were in-game benefits for doing so. Other times however, I'm having a great time, the raid is a perfect example of doing a challenge just to beat it.

Who said there would be new missions or (especially) new story?

That seemed to be the consensus among my friends and other's online that there would be some new story content in the event. I know it was a dumb assumption and nothing was promised, but it was still disappointing that it was just a rewash of old content.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread