Wall of text about my feelings about Bungie.org (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, September 26, 2014, 05:45 (3507 days ago) @ DerekT07

the reverse could be true as well. Those criticisms could drive generally positive players to hold a higher standard up to the game and seek better experiences in the future. Dialogue helps drive improvement, but neither side can be isolated. There is no single standard of what makes a perfect game.

I'm one of the first who will defend Destiny. I have what I feel is a better grasp of what kind of game Destiny is, because of previous experiences with this type of game. I love Destiny, and know what potential it has...

But the more I read Cody's posts, the better I can understand the negativity towards the game (he's been at it for years, and I've been reading those posts intently), and I find myself agreeing with him more and more. Destiny has many, many shortcomings, and hearing the perspective of someone who can articulate them passionately and constructively helps me see them better, and has even been useful for me to articulate my own criticisms of the game.

I still love Destiny (it's most of what I used to fantasize about as a "perfect game" when I would play Halo at the age of 13-14), and still disagree with many of his opinions, but hey, I'm not closing my brain off to what I don't want to hear, nor will I look down on his perspective if it doesn't mesh with mine.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread