Let's Talk End Game (Destiny)

by Injunfett, Thursday, October 02, 2014, 08:53 (3504 days ago)
edited by Injunfett, Thursday, October 02, 2014, 08:58

Destiny is a fun game, it's very enjoyable to play with your friends however we all know it has it's faults the story being the most talked about and discussed.

What I haven't seen yet is much talk about the problems with Destiny's End Game.

Once you hit LVL 28 you really have two more things you can do to progress your character. The first is gather Shards to get your light level from 28 to 29, and the second is to run the raid and try to get a set of gear so you can hit level 30.

While their is PVP, Dailies, Vanguard Missions and patrols by the time you hit level 28-29 they really become quite useless to do. At this point you pretty much have figured out your gear set you like, and your favorite weapons. Once you hit this point Legendaries really start to become useless to you other than breaking down for Shards. Unless you have what I refer to the Pokemon Mind set of gotta collect them all but this really isn't possible due to your limited storage space you have to share between 3 characters.

Right now I am to the point were the only thing that will really help me advance my character is raid gear however we are limited to only 1 raid a week per character. This limitation and my bad luck have caused me to make a second warlock to switch my gear so I have 2 chances a week to get raid gear, 4 if you run it on Hardmode. When the server reset this week I ran VOG twice and only got Shards/Energy for every loot drop on both characters besides a primary drop at the last boss which gave me a weapon I already had.

So now I have to wait for another week before the reset for another chance to run through hoping I get gear. While I don't have a problem with this I literarily have nothing to do. Strikes are useless for me because I don't even have the need to get any legendary gear to break down into shards. Bounty's are pointless as week cause l don't need shards or energy, and the nightfall is only useful for Strange Coins which I don't really need because I can only use one exotic gear and the one I have now is perfect for my character.

Now I'm sure one of the things I will hear in response to this is that you shouldn't have rushed through the game. Well the reason I rushed through was I was addicted Bungie did a great job with gameplay and I was hooked and just kept wanting to play. I don't count this as a negative I think "Not being able to put the game down" is something bungie would want.

However with the limited gear options, and the lack of Exotic Gear has made everything else useless so now I have went from hours on end of playing to the only reason to jump on my main is to run the raid when it resets, and once I get that gear I literally have no objective or goal.

For now I have made a Hunter. My third character that is past level 20 and am working to Max him out which should be done this weekend. Once this happens the game has nothing else to offer me to do besides PVP. The rest of the PVE is pointless and while others might disagree it does not change my opinion. Sure I can run strikes but they are a joke and not even challenging when you hit level 29. They become repetitive quickly as you start to know were the enemies are spawning, and they don't have any dynamic features that change it up what so ever. Every time you play a strike it will be exactly the same.

I expect to get flack from this post, and I believe that most of the people who will disagree have not hit the point I have but you will. The closer you get to the Max Level the quicker you run out of things to do.

Right now the only thing I have to look forward to is the Iron Banner. After this event I see the time I spend in destiny quickly becoming shorter and shorter to the point were I won't jump back in till the DLC drops and if the leaked content is a indication of what we will be getting it will be very hard for bungie to pull me away from Halo and Advance Warfare.

Don't get me wrong I love the game and have gotten my money out of it but right now I think with the current end game the game doesn't have any real longevity. Here is to hoping they are on the ball with the DLC.

For those that have started hitting the level caps what are your thoughts on the End Game of Destiny?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread